Glasgow - FOI, Senior Officials and Equal Pay



Here's another FOI Request to Glasgow City Council asking for further information about an Exit Package for a senior council official which was boosted by the award of 'added years' at a cost of £47,000 - taking the total value of the package to £171,000 in 2014/15.

Now I could be wrong, but I seem to see the signs of a pattern developing here, so watch this space - as there's more to follow soon.

26 April 2018

Annemarie O'Donnell
Chief Executive
Glasgow City Council

Dear Ms O'Donnell
FOISA Request

I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. 

I refer to Glasgow City Council's Annual Accounts for 2014/15 and the entry on Page 129 which an Exit Package at Band £150,000 to £200,000. The package is broken down further under the following headings:

Number - 1
Cash value - £124,000
Notional Capitalised Added Years value - £47,000
Total - £171,000

1) Please provide me the name and job title of the official who benefited from these Added Years payments?

2) Please explain the impact of these Added Years payments on the official's lump sum  and annual pension?

3) Please provide me with the name and job title of the council official who recommended the award of Added Years

4) Please provide me with any written correspondence of documents supporting the recommendation to award Added Years? 

I look forward to your reply and would be grateful if you could respond to me by e-mail at: markirvine@compuserve.com
Kind regards
Mark Irvine 

  

Glasgow - FOI, Senior Officials and Equal Pay (01/05/18)


While Glasgow's low paid equal pay claimants have had to fight every inch of the way to enforce their employment rights through the highest courts in Scotland, senior officials in the City Council seem to have had a much easier time of things.

Here's my latest FOI Request which is trying to get to the bottom of Exit Packages paid to four senior officials in 2013/14 which were apparently boosted by £320,000 through the award of 'added years' to their pension pots.

Now the Council's annual accounts don't explain in any detail the benefit of 'added years' and in the case of another former chief official I calculated the added value to be worth at least £250,000. 

And this from the same council which rejected my previous FOI Request (regarding the WPBR) on the grounds that it would cost more than £600 to answer the points I raised about the role played by senior officials during the introduction of the WPBR in 2005/07.

As you can see, I am also keen to know who within the City Council is recommending the award of these added years at such huge public expense - and once I get the answer I'll share the information on the blog site.

In the meantime, if readers have any thoughts about double standards and/or hypocrisy when it comes to using public money, please drop me a note: markirvine@compuserve.com 



27 April 2018


Annemarie O'Donnell
Chief Executive
Glasgow City Council


Dear Ms O'Donnell
FOISA Request

I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. 

I refer to Glasgow City Council's Annual Accounts for 2013/14 and the entries on Exit Packages at Band £200,001 to £250,000 and Band £250,001 to £300,00. The packages referred to in the Annual Accounts are broken down further under the following headings:

Band £201,000 to £250,000

Number - 2
Cash value - £310,000
Notional Capitalised Added Years value - £141,000
Total - £451,000

Band £250,001 to £300,000

Number - 2
Cash value - £380,000
Notional Capitalised Added Years value - £179,000
Total - £559,000

1) Please provide me the names and job titles of the officials who benefited from these Added Years payments?

2) Please explain the impact of these Added Years payments on the officials' lump sums  and annual pensions?

3) Please provide me with the name and job title of the council official who recommended the award of Added Years

4) Please provide me with any written correspondence of documents supporting the recommendation to award Added Years? 

I look forward to your reply and would be grateful if you could respond to me by e-mail at: markirvine@compuserve.com
Kind regards


Mark Irvine 


  

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!