The Fight for Equal Pay in Glasgow



Here is my latest FoI request to Glasgow City Council which asks for copies of or access to the minutes of the council's senior management team over the past 10 years.

Now it's my belief that this is not really an FoI request at all because this information ought to be freely available (as it is in other councils) from the City Council's archives in both hard copy and digital form.

But I decided to submit a formal FoI request because this forces the City Council to respond and explain its position, in writing, which has the the advantage that the FoI process provides for the independent scrutiny of GCC's response via the Scottish Information Commissioner, if necessary.

The City Council could have responded to my request days ago, in a positive and helpful manner, by explaining how and where this information can be accessed either at the City Chambers or elsewhere.

So far I've heard nothing further and I suspect I'm unlikely to do so until the council exhausts its deadline for responding to my FoI request (20 working days) which will take us into the middle of November 2017. 

In them meantime, I'm not hanging around and I'm going to make my own enquiries about accessing the City Council's archives with a view to inspecting important council-wide and departmental reports, as well as 'minutes' from the the Corporate Management Team.

Now all of these documents should be freely available to public view and should not be restricted in any way; if any vital papers are missing that will tell its own story and the City Council's ability to defend the cockamamy WPBR/EDC pay scheme will fall apart.

After making some initial enquiries about how best to conduct this search, I will be looking for some volunteers to help out and get to the bottom of things - which is where this FoI hunt differs from others I have made in the past with Glasgow and other councils. 

As I've said on the blog site lots of times - 'Many Hands Make Light Work' so if you think you can help, drop me a note at: markirvine@compuserve.com 

Glasgow council librarians and committee clerks are especially welcome to get in touch, in complete confidence of course.


Annemarie O'Donnell
Chief Executive
Glasgow City Council


Dear Ms O'Donnell
FOISA Request
I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002. 
  1. Please provide me with the minutes of Glasgow City Council's Corporate Management Team (CMT) for the period between December 2006 and December 2016. 
  2. I suspect these minutes may well be available online, as they are routinely in other Scottish councils, in which case I would be happy for Glasgow City Council to provide me with an appropriate internet link/s so that I can peruse the relevant documents for myself.
  3. If there are any issues about inspecting the minutes online, please explain how I can access and peruse 'hard copies' of these documents from within the City Council's archives.
In any event, I look forward to your reply and would be grateful if you could respond to me by e-mail at: 

markirvine@compuserve.com

Kind regards



Mark Irvine 

  

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence