Now it's not a popularity contest, but it's worth pointing out that the recognised list of 'essential workers' has grown arms and legs as a result of the Coronavirus epidemic.
Doctors, nurses and healthcare staff have always been in the front line during a public health emergency although you can now add many others working in:
- food, retail and transport
- childcare - both pre-school and school-based
- home care and residential care
- firefighters and police
- support workers in the community
- water, gas, electricity and other utilities
- refuse and street cleaning
With thanks to my good friend John who gave a 'shout out' to Grocery Store Employees and Truck Drivers all the way from the sunshine state of California.