Trump Own Goal


One of the biggest 'own goals' scored during Donald Trump's state visit to the UK was that from the protesters who gathered to condemn the American President as a terrible bully and bigot.

NHS worker called Siobhan Prigent was caught on camera  screaming 'Nazi scum' in the face of a Donald Trump supporter who was 'milkshaked' (assaulted) by someone in what quickly became a very hostile, threatening crowd.

Siobhan later apologised for her behaviour in the following terms, once her name had gone public:

“I am very sorry for my behaviour today. I should have protested peacefully & I didn't & I regret that.

“I've let myself down & I do understand that fully.

“There are two sides to every story, but my actions were my own, & that's on me. Please leave my family & friends out of it.”


Now I think it's a good thing that Siobhan apologised, but the damage was already done and it's hard not to agree with this Tweet from a chap at the Cato Institute - who argued that Siobhan had become the very thing she claimed to despise.  

Not everyone agreed with me though as you can see from this Twitter exchange in which one person argued that people in England behave in this way because of the 'Tories'.

Now that's just about the dumbest argument I've ever heard - unless of course the Tories somehow caused the  former SNP MP Natalie McGarry to embezzle thousands of pounds by abusing her trusted position in Women for Independence.

nicole @nicolenovello_
No person with an ounce of humanity could have this much hatred and rage towards a man she does not know. She is a perfect example of how dark and hostile the far-left are. They claim to be the good guys but that’s just another one of their manipulative lies.


Alicia Murray @alicmurray
This is what being governed by Tories too long does to a country it brutalises the population. Every day England becomes a more menacing place thanks to the constant cruelty inflicted on the people by the most inhumane policies from the most inhumane politicians.


Mark Irvine Mark@1957
What a ridiculous cop out - even this stupid young woman herself has apologised for her behaviour, yet you seek to excuse and justify it.


 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence