What has the EU ever done for us?


Twitter can be fun and, in my experience, is often a source of useful information that's hard to find elsewhere.  

But it's also become a handy platform for cranks and zealots  (Donald Trump, for example) who hold themselves out as experts on everything from the European Union to Brexit - and beyond.

Here's an exchange I had earlier today with a chap who asked the EU equivalent of: 'What have the Romans ever done for us?'

Now I wouldn't be surprised if Tony is an active member of the Glasgow version of the People's Front of Judea or even the Judean People's Front, but if you ask me this kind of  rambling claptrap from 'armchair experts' is what gives social media a bad name. 




I've asked asked and asked someone to give me a case for the EU. Aw I get is nonsense about xenophobia and a project fear that mirrors 2014. You can even get SNPers decrying one project fear whilst supporting the other shamelessly.


Mark Irvine‏ @Mark1957

The EU’s Acquired Rights Directive transformed employment protection (TUPE) laws in the UK during the 1990s - to the benefit of millions of workers. Sorry to burst your bubble again Tony, but you really don’t know what you are talking about I’m afraid. Stop aping UKIP!



  

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!