Canada - A New Life, A Different World



Here's a photo of my Mum in the new family car - a note on the reverse side says:

"Our new car taken outside our home which isn't in the picture".

I imagine she sent this to her own Mother in Bardowie Street, Possilpark where she grew up in a tenement with an outside toilet - so no wonder she loved her new life in Canada.

 


Brave New World (05/05/20)



Aboard a ship bound for Canada circa 1952: my Dad, my Mum and my Uncle Bob where they planned to settle and make new lives for themselves.

My Mum and Dad returned to Glasgow in 1961 with three children in tow; Bob moved to Cleveland, Ohio, married and raised three fine children of his own - Craig, Nancy and Helen.

 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence