Fight for Equal Pay in Glasgow



I have been writing about the fight for equal pay in Glasgow virtually every day, ever since the previous Labour-run administration set its face against a negotiated settlement.

But I am going to take a break for a while because, as regular readers know, not much is going to happen over the summer holidays.

So I'm going to take the opportunity to recharge my batteries and refocus my energies on the decisive period which lies ahead in August and September.

The new SNP-led council has talked a good game up till now without putting a single proposals on the table about how to compensate equal pay claimants for 12 years of the WPBR - which even GCC now regards as 'unfit for purpose'.

I will still be involved in my various FOI battles with Glasgow behind the scenes and have just lodged another case with the Scottish Information Commissioner over the decision to 'gift' the council's former director finance, Lynn Brown, £120,000 so that she could access her pension early.

If only Scotland's largest council had shown such unstinting generosity to its lowest paid workers, Glasgow would be in such a mess over equal pay.

Now if there are any important or newsworthy events in the weeks ahead, rest assured I'll be on the case.

But until normal service is resumed happy holidays to one and all - see you on eat other side of the summer break!   

  

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence