Glasgow Settlements - Readers' Comments


Lots of Glasgow Claimants have been in touch to share their thoughts and comments having received details of their settlement offers.

To be honest, I never thought it would take 12 long years for us to achieve equal pay justice in Glasgow.

Scotland's largest council has been tough nut to crack for sure, but when all is said and done it's been a real pleasure to make such a big difference to so many people's lives.

And here's a selection of what the Glasgow Claimants have been  saying about their settlements - via my blog site, by email and also on Facebook and Twitter. 

   

Still crying every time i think how this is going to change my life from the bottom of my heart thank you stefan mark karl and frances and all working behind the scenes xxx

D


Thank you guys again and again you have pulled out all the stops


M

Thank you all so much you are absolute diamonds xxxxx

L

Superman Karl what a man needs a well deserved rest x

F

Thank you all so much❤️👏

A

I didn’t receive mine today either but I was able to sign and seal the deal at clockwise. I’ve left a wee thank you for you, Karl and Mark, your work ethic is second to none.
Stefan Cross 🍾🥳


M

Thank you Stefan,Karl and all your staff you are all superstars.👏👏👏

C

Stefan Cross thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the hard work from you and your team, you are some man x

L

This Song is for all my colleagues that lost there fight before we won especially my wee pal Margaret Rip x Thank you Stefan Cross n All yer hard workin team Karl n Mark too Amazing 🤝🤝🤝xxx https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtrjTzEDjak&feature=share


J

Tooo chuffed cant sleep looking at Walton family hoildays. The more luxurious the better 😂


C

Can't thank yous enough x


D

Got my letter postman put it in the wrong door thank u for all u lovely people done for me x 

C

Got my letter today  . Thank you so much xxx 


A

A huge thank you Stefan Mark Karl Frances and everyone for all your hard work love you guys Xxxx


M


Not got my letter but I've saw my offer and am super super happy thanks A4ES and STEFAN CROSS you have made sooo many people extremely happy .to those still waiting its worth the wait ladies xxxx


S

I'm absolutely buzzing with excitement for everyone 😃its amazing to hear how so many happy people that's life is going to change👌

I cant wait to celebrate with you all at the big party

LAH LAH LAH BOOM BOOM 🥳

There is still tickets left guys please don't miss out on the biggest historic equal pay party

Cant wait to see you all

F


Thanks to all you guys this is the first thing I have bought , a new fur baby for my daughter , we lost ours a few years ago and they are so expensive now but thanks to u all my daughter is a very happy girl today , we go pick her up beginning of July , now we have until then to fight over names lol x

D

I HAVE NEVER KNOWN ANY LAWYERS THAT GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR THEIR CLIENTS THANK YOU SO MUCH A4E

yousaretheverybest 

F

Awesome guys x

C

Champions all, ouldnt praise them enough!!!!

A

Redefines our faith in folk

A

💯👏👏🏆 xxx

V

totally agree happy elderly lady now .xxxxxx.


B

They're definitely No 1

J

100% agree. Very grateful to them all and so glad I signed up for them to represent me.

J

I second that wot amazing team xxxx👍👍👍👍💕💕💕💕💕💕😅😅😅😅😅

I

I HOPE THEY KNOW THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE,AND TAKE TOTAL RESONSABILITY FOR CREATING HAPPINESS TO MANY VALUED GENUI E FRIM TBE HEART CARERS ,WE CANT EVEN REPAY THEM,ITS 5 DAYS NOW AND STILL GREATFULL AND SMILING THANK YOU ALLXX

C

Wonderful even though postman past me 😂😂 but absolutely fantastic all the hard work that has been put in for us all ever so thankful xx

J

Defo they are the best xx

L

To know my figure has just made me feel amazing and the letter will come eventually.Feel so sorry for the girls who cannot get their information. Action for Equality Scotland Really Have Delivered. So grateful

E

Most definitely, a working class hero if ever their was one and also huge thanks to the behind the scenes staff who've worked so hard on clients behalf. I sincerely hope they know we've not forgotten about their input and how grateful everyone is for their work.

M

Never in my wildest dreams was I expecting anything like that amount....thank you so much for all your hard work....it been a long 12 yr wait...roll on the equal pay party!! 🍾🍾🍾


M

Mark, thanks very much to you all. 😘

T

Absolutely buzzing x

K

Thank you so much Stefan and your team for all the hard work over years , managed to log in, really pleased x

M

Thank you all so very much for all your hard work!!!! I'm very pleased with my offer👍. Thanks again 🎉🍻👍🎉

D

Happy with my offer thank you X

C

Just home from holiday and my letters here. Thanks again everyone involved 🎉🍾 

Jxx

Letter has arrived 😆😆time to read and send xx

S

I’m over the moon with my offer thank you so much x

K

Don’t think I’ve ever felt this good on a Monday morning in a long time 😀x

E

Whoop whoop 👏🏻👏🏻💃🏻💃🏻

J

Delighted with my offer thank you so much Stefan
😁😁

M

Thank you so much delighted 😂😂😂😂


K

Fantastic so happy with my offer I am rich now thanks for all the hard work team Stefan x


L

Stefan you are one in a million a true legend in our eyes your our superstar

M

Big shout out for A4E & Frances Mowat Stojilkovic 🥂🍾thank you all so much .😘

C

Totally chuffed to bits, Thank you soooooo much 😁👍x

A

Got a my letter today... Didn't open it till we while ago.. Am blown away.. Thank you all.. These words seem so little thank you

S

Absolutely delighted thank you for all your hard work

J

Thank you so much 😊 im so happy cant wait to sign the paper work.

M

I thank you all so much i am still shocked but now can say the fight was worth it tears with happiness thank ypu again x

T

Cannot breathe with both mine and my partners offer!! Thanks for all ur hard work Stefan Cross

R

Knocked out, thank you all at A4ES so so much! - especially Karl for knocking out his pan to get everything sorted:)

M

Am more than happy thanks for fighting for us.x

J

Heartfelt thanks. This will mean no more debt. A holiday! A decent haircut! A fridge that works!
A real levelling up of my circumstances


R

Omg amazing thank you so so much Stefan and team am one very happy bunny didnt expect this offer thanks once again
Everyone enjoy

L

Thank you Stefan im lost for words thank you from the bottom of my hart i will be able to retire next year in comfort .

S

Thanks to Stefan Karl and all the team feeling quite emotional well chuffed looking forward to the big pay fest party Happy days x

C


what a wkend lol it's been a rollercoaster of emotions for everyone involved but no matter what the amount its a win win .... we made history and paved the way for our children grandchildren and most of all let them know that the wee GLESGA wumin are not to be fooled anymore ... we know our worth ... the backbone of GCC .... THANK U ALL AT A4E.... TRULY IS AMAZING TIMES 👏👏👏👏🎉🏆🎖

A

Dear Mark

I don’t have Facebook or Twitter but I wanted to let you know how much this settlement means to my family and me.

I’m being sensible and I hope my fellow claimants do the same. My husband and I will now have a debt free live. No more worrying about the bills. During the fight for equal pay I was diagnosed with a lifelong illness,not a death sentence thank god just a big struggle to get through the day sometimes. I can now think seriously about cutting my hours and absolutely no overtime. Words aren’t enough to describe how we feel and I’m sure everyone is the same. We took on the big boys and WON. 


Thank you

E x

Shift done and dusted! Let the celebrations commence .. ching ching everyone .. here’s to the future girls (and boys) thanks to all the a4es team Stefan Cross Karl Bromley Mark Irvine and also Frances Mowat Stojilkovicxxxx

L

OMG!!! Totally chuffed to bits, Thank you soooooo much 😁👍x

A

Words can't express how happy we all feel Stefan, Mark, Karl, Frances and all the team😀
A great big thank you to all of you from the bottom of our hearts, we really appreciate all the time and effort you all put in
See you at the Party

D

I am stunned by my offer God Bless you all 🙏❤

A

I cannot describe how happy i am 😀😀😀😀😀Ive never posted but just have to say a big Thank You to Stefan Cross and all his team at A4E 👍👍👍👍👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏THANK YOU!!!!!!

M

excellent xxx 

K

I was so shocked about my offer. That I forgot to say thanks to everyone else involved in our offer 🎉🍾 XX

Jx

Omfg am on cloud 9 over the moon with my offer xxx thank u all so much xxx goodluck everyone

N

Oh well wasn’t expecting this...very happy 👏👏

K

Am not with Stefan cross but I’ll tell you he’s an amazing guy and has done us all proud I’ve been to a few meetings he’s been there and supported us woman all the way wether he was fighting for his team of woman I felt he supported all woman in general across the board just want to say thank you for your support Stefan Cross ❤️

C

So happy thank you Stefan Cross , Frances Mowat Stojilkovic , for all your hard work

FYou are a man of your word Stefan Cross. Thank you! to everyone who've Played their part in Our Equal Pay fight.
❤️

P

Went to post my letter and on Nation radio Celebration was playing how perfect . Had a sing along in the car
Xxxxx

M


Can't leave my buddy Mark out

Big thanks to the 3 Amigos👌

Where would we have been without you

What a team <3 font="">



F


Definitely, the team are relentless, amazing and heroes 👍🏻


B

FRANCES thank you for all your updates support to all of us on this pagexxx

N

Dream team 🥂🥂🥂👍👌👏👏👏💋💋🙈

T
 
the Three Muskateers .xxxxxx.

B

Our heroes and yourself frances your all amazing x

L

Treble winners 😂😂😂🍀

M 


Here here 



E

Thanks for all the hard work and grief you's have had to put up with all these years xx


A

Yes! xxx

K

Thanks xx

H


Omg I am over the moon thanks again Stefan Cross and your brilliant team x

H

It truly is amazing and I’m so happy for each and everyone who has received an offer or is waiting for an offer. BUT can we all take a minute to think about all the amazing people we have lost in the last few years who won’t see any of this money. There families might not see any of this money. We found out last week that we lost a sflw who taught me a lot when I was a student and showed me kindness when I needed it. Please don’t forget all those people have a drink to celebrate 🎉 and raise a glass 🥃 to them. Lots of stars ✨ shine very bright in the sky 🌌 tonight 😘😔

L
Massive thankyou to you all Glasgow is one happy place right now 😁 Frances thanks Mrs for your devotion and determination 👊 you have all done us proud . Well done guys 👍👌👏xx

M

Champions all!!! 

A

Thank you so much mark xx

D

👍👍👍👍 

M

Thanks x

T

Thanks to everyone that made this happen 👍👋👋

A

Absolute Legends 😘😘😘♥️♥️♥️

T
Hi Stefan and team . Would like to thank you all for the years of hard work you put into the fight for us .We would never have achieved this without you . Appreciate everything you have done . Thanks ...

E

Mark Irvine you are the best 👌😘

F


Just want to thank all the staff at A4ES. We all faced so many disappointments along the way and it would have been the easy to give in. The reliance and integrity that you all showed kept us focused and determined. Solidarity to all my sisters and brothers, this is the end of the beginning we need to stay on board for the next few years to see equality in our pay packets. 

M

stephan mark karl and co take a bow ..youve got a glasgow knighthood...forever in your debt always and forever xxthank you

S

The day after its surreal somebody pinch me. 😁 

J

Now that I’ve came down a bit from the high I am on (and narrowly avoiding a hangover!!!!!)its sinking in just how much difference this will make to me and my family... my husband is self employed and his job depends on the weather so sometimes things can be ok, other times very hard... we haven’t been a proper holiday for 4 years... I’m Goni have money left over in my wages at the end of the month... we can do stuff other families do...go out for meals, take an unexpected weekend away.. I can get my boys the trainers they want without having to save up and get them one at a time, but what I am so happy I will be able to do is to help my son with a wee car... nothing crazy just a runaround but it’s something I wd never of been able to do... and I can’t wait to see his wee face when it happens... so thank you so so much Stefan Cross Karl Bromley Mark Irvine and the rest of the team... it’s important u all know how much this means to us ... u r all amazing ❤️

L

I am the same I have worked so hard for many years and this will make a big difference in my life it’s just amazing good luck x 

L

👏👏👏 

J

It's stories like this that made it all worthwhile x 

C

I just had to text to say thank-you Stefan Cross and all your staff not once did  you give up this long fight so thanks again to you and all concerned.

H

Good morning guys i think we can safely say we have one happy work force today im so happy for everyone happy spending

F

Ma hied still spinning! Thank you guys for all the hard work over the years..and thank you you your lassis/men behind the scenes ! Answering phones setting up meeting etc Thank you all of you at A4ES 😁😁😁😁x 

M

Well done thank you from the bottom of my heart. I canny sleep 💤x 

K

Thank you to you all and to you frances x 

M

Thank u from the bottom of my Heart 💓 to you Stefan Cross and team also Frances it’s been a long fight but we are at the finishing post and what a great feeling it is 👏🥰👏xx

C
So so happy thanks for everything yous have done ❤️🥂🥂 

C

What a team biggest thank you 👋👋👋 

G


Big thanks to you Mark xx 

E

Thanks team xx

L

Thanks a bunch!

J

Thank you all for fabulous work you are all amazing xxx

C

Thank u so much to u all what a team n effort. Honestly buzzing 


C

Thank u all we would never have got anything if it wasnt for ure perseverance thank uvall so much xxx 

Y

No words fantastic xx

C

Well done guys you Rock xxx❣️❣️❣️ 

T

Amazing thank you 😘😘😘 

J


Thanks guys xx 


M

Too right Frances Mowat Stojilkovic they are all our heroes 🦸‍♀️ x 


E

Thank you so so mutch xx 

T

Thank you all amazing xx 

D

👏👏 Thank you guys

A

What a man thanks Stefan and team xx delighted x

C

I am one happy, happy Lady 🍾🍷🍸🍾🍾🍾🍾🍾

A

Thanks to you all, must have been incredibly hard work for you all. Very grateful to you. 👏

A

Well done to you all you have made history 👏👏👏👏👏🍾🥂🥂

V

Well signed and wasn’t taking chance with post box straight up handed it straight in to safe hands 🎉🎉🎉did I hear 💰💰💰💰💰💰🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌😍😍xx

K

THANKYOU SO MUCH TO STEFAN AND ALL HIS TEAM AND WORKERS WHO GOT US THIS OFFER ALL I CAN SAY IS
DELIGHTED WITH IT XXX
HOOE YOU AND ALL YOURE WORKERS WHO HELPED TO GET THIS DEAL FOR US GET A REAL GOOD HAPPY AMOUNT TO RETIRE ON FOR FIGHTING OUR S FOR ALL 12 YEARS
XXXX

Y

Delirious!

A

Stefan Cross just to say I received my letter today. Again a big thank you to everyone for the hard work you done. Stefan you deserve a medal. Now I have it in writing I still cant believe it, am a happy bunny 🐇🐰and feeling overwhelmed. Thank you.🎉🍾xxx

P

Got my letter today thanks again to everyone for all the hard work yous done

A

Postman been well I’m one very happy girl thanks to Stefan Cross and gmb for making this happen Couldn’t have done this without youse xxx

C

I’m sooooio happy 😃

C

Am sooo Happy 😂😂🎉

E

me too so excited bring on the cocktails xx


C

Thank you so much 💴💴got my letter Stefan Cross & Mark, Karl. Thanks 👍🏻

M

Brilliant 🎉can’t believe it myself 🤗

S

hey stefan my claim pack arrived today ..thanku to you and all your team for the fantastic work in our equal pay ...the many tireless hours ,days,weeks,months,and years you and your team dedicted to winning for all the people involved its been a long time coming and today there are very much a lot of happy excited clients includes myself.

M


Finally I manage to put words together for these three men (prob not make sence stilll)
Only tock few hours lol
As iv said in the pictures nothing can show just how much you had actually done for us
But what you managed to WIN for us is breathtaking me personally cannot thank yous enough. Thousands of people s lifes yous have changed what a achiement you truely are absolute stars ❤🤗🍾🍹🏆🏆🏆


I think most of you would agree that it has been a happy weekend for most of us as our offers came via the post or the computer.
We now have what is rightfully ours.
Remember this is not a gift it is what we worked for.
To those who will wait till July to get your offer, we shall rejoice with you on that day too.
To the man and his team that stood alone, a voice for the voiceless all those years ago, who fought relentlessly to make sure that we the women and men of this great city would no longer be over shadowed by our male colleagues, just because we are predominantly female. Stefan Cross I applaud you. You sir, will go down in history, not for the money that these women received, but for standing by your principles, principles that are ingrained from a working class background, from giving dignity and fairness to the common person,and especially for believing that man and woman are, and should be treated equally.
For our colleagues that passed away from this world before recieving the money that was owed to you, your families will have that and I'm sure that is what you would have done with it anyway. 
There is a beautiful bench that sits in the very center of our city in commemoration to you all, I visited it recently. 
Know that your memory lives on in your daughters, granddaughters, sisters, mother's, nieces and that because of you, our future generations of females will be treated equally.
May God bless you.
Finally I rejoice, as you should too, in the realisation that we fought and we won, that I am equal, that I am proud to say, that I am female. that I am liberated.

S

Well said people forget it was stefan and his team that came forward to say no this is not right. U ions although needed were not interested u til stefan started winning case after case I think you should be knighted. You are one very special person stefan God bless you and the biggest thank you from me.

L

Absolutely spot on 👌🏻 thank you Stefan to you and your TEAM and also your wife’s ❤️ I’m sure they missed out in lots of quality time with you 3 and all because you believed and fought just wow what a man, many would have stopped a long time ago ❤️thank you once again to you Karl mark ‘ your wife’s ❤️

T

Wow just love this , never been truer words spoken 👏👏👏👏👏👏

A

I’m 65 yes of ages and never in my wildest dreams be in this position now. Stefan Mark Karl and all your team . I owe everything to you all . Millions of thanks to you all . Party time xx 🥂🍾🎉😊😊👍👏👏

J

Brilliant ! x

M

Thank you 💕 & to Stefan, Karl & the team who never gave up xx

A

Lovely words you know when you believe in something you believe and you never gave up which to me and everyone is a a true star and to the ones that are sadly not here you will be a hero to them also xx


M

defo shout out to the long suffering Mrs C Mrs B(ur not the only one 🤣)and Mrs I you,re all priceless ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

E

Very well put and so true..hats off to Stefan Cross,Karl and Mark and of course the rest of your team and partners and wife’s ..we all deserve what we got offered as we did work so hard for it..I hope every single one of our colleagues are happy with what they got ,I for one am certainly over the moon with my offer, it’s life changing for me and my husband and kids and Grandchildren,I can’t wait to spoil them all Rotten and take them to Australia to visit my Daughter as they haven’t all been together for over 4 years...the tears will certainly roll down my face that day ..thank you so much Sara Howie for allowing Stefan Cross to share this wonderful post..I do hope you all have an amazing time spending your well deserved pay out..heartbreaking that my wonderful brother in law John Gallagher (Janitor) didn’t get to enjoy his very hard earned money with my sister and his 2 sons and Grandson..RIP John and to all our other colleagues who aren’t with us anymore.🙏🙏🙏😘😘

R

Beautiful words and spot on We Win 👍🏻let’s not forget our colleagues as we celebrate our victory Well done Stefan, mark, Karl and team and US the working class, enjoy 😘❤️

M

❤️❤️❤️

S

👏👏👏

J

A massive thank you to you and your team.

N

Was at the drop in centre today . Was very welcoming. Forms very easy to fill in . Signed sealed delivered. Thanks for all your help again stefan karl mark francis etc 👏👏👏

S

Finally got my letter, I'm one very happy lady. Thanks again Stefan Crossand team


M

Weldone to you all 😂

K

Amazing guys big THANX xxx

K

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

A

Absolutely totally agree love them all esp Karl ❤️

J

God bless them all 👏👏👏👏👏👏

T

Yeah Karen I totally agree above and beyond we owe them so much total respect ✊✊✊

E

👏👏👏👏👏

M

👏👏 👏👏

N

👏👏 👏👏

A

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

L

💯 👏👏👏X

M

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍


L

Brilliant 👏👏♥️ xxx

D

👏👏👏👏👏👏

J

They are all super men 👏👏👏xx

J

Amazing guys thanks for all your help x

A

Thank u all for today and everything ure team has done throughout all of this process 👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻👍🏻

L

My forms all signed and will post tomorrow on way to work wasn't taking any chances leaving it in a post box all wkend lol I'm Over the moon with my offer


Y

Was at drop in today forms very easy to fill in was great to thank Stefan Karl & mark personally u have all been outstanding 👍👍👍

M

delighted with my offer and many thanks to your team 👍

A

Ok I’m not with unions. In with your selfs. Thanks so much for all you done for us . So happy

P

Was at the drop in centre today . Was very welcoming. Forms very easy to fill in . Signed sealed delivered. Thanks for all your help again stefan karl mark francis etc 👏👏👏👏👏

S

Hear hear, well said.


G

Well said xx

V

So true, Stefan and his team will always be remembered in Glasgow for what they have done for us 👍


M

Well said yous will all be remembered for what yous done for us women what a victory xx


N

Wow just Wow Massive Thx to Stefan, Mark, Karl and all the team 👍🍷xxx

T

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!