10 Album Challenge - Day 3



The soundtrack of 'A Clockwork Orange' features lots of classical music which never featured much during my schooldays, except for The Planets by Gustav Holst.  

So I was really taken when I first heard Beethoven and Elgar being used as the backdrop to Stanley Kubrick's  controversial movie.

The song that sticks in my mind though is 'I Wanna Marry A Lighthouse Keeper' by Erika Eigen.




  




10 Album Challenge - Day 2 (25/06/20)



Joni Mitchell is one of my favourite singer/songwriters and her 'Blue' album has so many great tracks it's hard to choose one over another.

But 'California' always brings a big smile to my face because its words are so full of hope and youthful exuberance.

I read a comment about Joni Mitchell many years ago which said 'she paints pictures with words' and that still hits the nail on the head for me.




  



10 Album Challenge - Day 1 (24/06/20)



My friend Andy Wright from Auburn, northern California nominated me for the challenge to name 10 albums which influenced my taste in music.

So here goes with Number 1 - 'Fill Your Head With Rock' - a double album from the early 1970s featuring a whole host of famous and not so famous names including Chicago, Santana, Moondog, The Byrds and Al Stewart.

Now for some reason people are not supposed to say anything about their choices, but I think that's a bit mad so here's a video of Al Stewart and 'A Small Fruit Song'



And because it's impossible to pick a favourite from an album featuring so many great artists, here's a bonus track - 'Listen' a big band sound by Chicago.



 


Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!