How to Save £10 million



The Scottish Government has announced a new £10 million fund to create new 'pop-up' walking and cycling routes during the Coronavirus lockdown.

Now I have to say I can't see the case for additional cycling routes, as opposed to walking routes, because there are far fewer cars on the road than normal these days - and long may this last.

What I would do instead is to ensure that cyclists behave with more courtesy and consideration by insisting they:
  • Slow right down around pedestrians
  • Be extra vigilant around young children
  • Stay off the pavements and public footpaths
  • Use the road if there's no designated cycle lane
  • Give pedestrians a 2 metre wide berth in shared spaces
  • Wear a face covering or mask while lockdown continues 
I love cycling myself, but have to admit that these selfish, boorish cyclists give the rest of us a really bad name.

If I had my way, I'd redirect these funds into turning more of Glasgow city centre into 'car free' and 'bike free' pedestrian zones. 

   

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence