Remembering Gil Jaramillo



My good friend Gil Jaramillo passed away last year.

Gil was a really great guy, full of fun with a mischievous sense of humour, someone who loved to listen as well as talk - and the only person I've ever met who managed to catch a fish bigger than himself.

 



Gil Trolls Trump (07/03/19)



My dear friend Gil (Gilberto) Jaramillo sent me this great photo of draft dodger-in-chief Donald Trump who is pictured below at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida while simultaneously declaring a bogus 'national emergency' on America's southern border with Mexico. 

Gil hails from New Mexico originally and now lives in California where he made a successful career in America's aviation industry after serving his country with distinction, at home and abroad, in the US Air Force.

Gil and I met at my daughter Amy's wedding in San Jose where all the (mainly American) male wedding guests wore Scottish dress kilts despite the sweltering 90 degree heat on the day.

Gil and I became great 'amigos' from that day onwards and I later discovered that Gil was also a committed equalities campaigner and a big equal pay champion during his time at Lockheed, one of America's largest and most influential aerospace corporations.  

Now isn't that a strange and unlikely coincidence, albeit one I'll always be thankful for.

There is a tide in the affairs of men.
Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune;
Omitted, all the voyage of their life
Is bound in shallows and in miseries.
On such a full sea are we now afloat,
And we must take the current when it serves,
Or lose our ventures. 




 

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence