Perfect Symphony (07/05/20)



My dear old Mum never got to hear the sound of Ed Sheeran's voice, but she loved listening to the Italian singer Andrea Bocelli.

 

Happy Birthday! (06/04/20)



Today is World Health Day so a big shout out to all those involved in helping others to keep fit and healthy.

Today also happens to be my Mum's birthday - Sheila (nee Fitzgibbon) Irvine who was born on 6 April 1927. 

If she were still alive this would have been her 93rd birthday - so Happy Birthday Mum! 

The photo above is of my Mum on her wedding day - she was married in Glasgow on 28 August 1950.



Here's a photo of me and my Mum in Canada - just days after I was born in 1957.



My Mum before she was married, I think - my Mum was a 'seamstress' so she always wore nice clothes.



My Mum with her sister (Nora) and her own mother (Mary).



My mum with my Dad while they were still 'courting'.



My mum with me and my two older brothers.



My Mum's grandfather (Turlogh McSweeney) who was a talented piper.



Me, my Mum and and my daughter outside of the cottage in Donegal where her own mother grew up.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence