Election Fever


I don't enjoy elections, as a general rule, mainly because I can't abide all the ugly, tribal nonsense which goes with the territory as polling day approaches. 
     
The Tories, Labour, Lib Dems and the SNP are all at it trying to put the big squeeze on each other's 'vote share' - using any means possible, both fair and foul. 

But I had to laugh at this example from Twitter on the bizarre topic of Jo Swinson's accent.


Ross McCafferty @RossMcCaff·Nov 22

Jo Swinson is like George Galloway and Fraser Nelson in having a genuinely unique accent. Could travel all over Scotland and not find a single person who sounds like her.


Mark Irvine - @Mark1957 - Replying to  @RossMcCaff


What does Jo Swinson’s accent have to do with anything?

Now I didn't get an answer to my question about the relevance of Jo Swinson's accent.


But I well remember the reaction when the former Labour MP Michale Martin was ridiculed as 'Gorbals Mick' and I can just imagine the furore if a similar comment was made about the the SNP's Mhairi Black.


 


Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence