Barrowland, Blogging and the Fight for Equal Pay



I've shared a lot of music on the blog site over the years, but this is probably my favourite.

Because it summed up my own feelings so perfectly at the time - on the day that a settlement to Glasgow long-running equal pay dispute was finally announced.

After tonight's party at The Barrowlands is over I plan to take a break from blogging about the fight for equal pay which has been a very big part of my life for the past 12 years. 

I started in January 2007 and since then my blog has had over 6.5 million visitors which is not bad going, even if I say so myself. 

  

Greatest Day? (17/01/19)



Greatest Day

And we've come so far
And we've reached so high
And we've looked each day and night in the eye
And we're still so young
And we hope for more

Today this could be
The greatest day of our lives
Before it all ends
Before we run out of time

Stay close to me
Stay close to me
Watch the world come alive tonight
Stay close to me

Tonight this could be
The greatest night of our lives
Let's make a new start
The future is ours to find

Can you see it?
Can you see it in my eyes?
Can you feel it now?
Can you hold it in your arms tonight?
Hold on, hold on
Hold on, hold on (tonight)
Hold on, hold on

Oh, stay close to me (hold on)
Stay close to me
Watch the world come alive tonight
Stay close me

Oh, hold your head high (hold on)
Arms open wide
Yeah, the world starts to come alive
When you…

  

Take That! (7 February 2014)



I'm not normally too partial to jokes circulated over the internet, but my friend Greg shared this one which certainly made me laugh.  

Scottish Pub Quiz.... 

And the final question to win the £100 is:

The title of Take That's first album consisted of four words, the first two words were "Take That".

What are the other two words that complete the title ?

There was a long pause then..

A wee Glasgow-man stands up and says : Was it - "Ya Bastard"...?

I tip my hat to whoever made that one up, so to celebrate here's a stunning YouTube video of Take That at the top of their game.




  

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!