Glasgow's MSPs and MPs



I sent the blog post about FoI and Equal Pay to all of Glasgow's constituency MSPs and MPs at the weekend along with the following Twitter message:

Why are senior officials at Glasgow City Council being so secretive and unhelpful over minutes of the council's Corporate Management Team?

Now Glasgow has 8 MSPs and 7 MPs - 15 in total, 14 of whom represent the SNP plus 1 Labour member of the Westminster Parliament (Paul Sweeney).

I'll let readers know what response I get because, so far at least, the politicians that Glasgow sends to the Scottish and UK parliaments have not shown a great deal of interest in the fight for equal pay with Glasgow City Council.

Not a 'Like', 'Retweet', or even a request for further details in response to various posts from the blog site that I've sent in recent weeks.

  



Glasgow, FoI and Equal Pay (25/11/17)


As regular readers know, I have submitted an FoI Review Request over Glasgow City Council's bizarre response to my initial information request in which I asked for the minutes of the council's Corporate Management Team (CMT). 

The council's response stated that CMT minutes were only produced from 2010 onwards, yet officials (and former officials) I have spoken to confirm that this is complete nonsense and that CMT minutes were routinely produced by Glasgow City Council in the years prior to 2010.  

Not just that, of course, because the City Council contradicts its own response since the minute of the CMT meeting dated 5 January 2010 states:

"2 NOTE OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

"The note of the previous meeting of 24 November 2009 was agreed as an accurate record. No matters were raised. Agreed" 


Now Glasgow has brought in the Improvement Service to help the council become a world leader in its commitment to 'openness and transparency' which sounds rather unlikely, set against its bizarre and unhelpful response to a straightforward FoI request about the minutes of the council's Corporate Management Team.

Because I sent my Review Request to the council's Director of Governance back on 9 November 2017 and all these weeks later I haven't heard a single thing - not a word of apology, no explanation, not a cheep!  

World class are not exactly the words that spring to mind. 

  

The Fight for Equal Pay in Glasgow (05/11/17)


I have just sent a copy of my latest blog post on 'Dignity and Respect in Glasgow' to all Glasgow MPSs and MPs including the First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon.

The fight for dignity and respect in Glasgow City Council is part of the ongoing fight for equal pay! 

I will let readers know what response, messages of support or encouragement, I get including any 'nil' responses, if any.

I would expect MSPs and MPs to get fully behind their local constituents on such a big issue - one which affects thousands of low paid workers right across Glasgow.

I sent my blog post by Twitter, but here are the MSPs' and MPs' email addresses which I've posted previously.

Glasgow MSPs (Scottish Parliament)

Glasgow MPs (Westminster Parliament)
David.Linden.mp@parliament.uk
Paul.Sweeney.mp@parliament.uk
Carol.Monaghan.mp@parliament.uk
Alison.Thewliss.mp@parliament.uk

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!