Readers in Glasgow are in touch regularly to ask what kind of equal pay campaign will get underway in the weeks ahead.
Well that's something I will give detailed thought to over the festive season, but here is a 'starter for ten' as the say ion University Challenge:
- Issue a detailed public statement explaining the basis of the dispute
- Highlight Glasgow's position as the only major council in Scotland not to have reached agreement with A4ES over its post-job evaluation pay arrangements.
- Arrange to brief the Leader of the Opposition Group on Glasgow City Council and individual councillors who may have been kept in the dark by the current council leadership.
- Arrange to brief all MSPs and MPs within the boundaries of Glasgow City Council who are all SNP politicians
- Organise a series of local meetings across the city to encourage the 5,500 A4ES clients in Glasgow to get involved in the campaign
- Assist equal pay claimants in Glasgow to get their message across by lobbying local councillors, Holyrood MSPs and Westminster MPs
- Organise case studies for the local media including The Herald, Evening Times, Daily Record etc
- Organise a major advertising campaign across Glasgow in the run-up to the May 2017 council elections
- Consider standing an 'Equal Pay' candidate in one or more key Glasgow constituencies
- Seek a meeting with Nicola Sturgeon (First Minister) as a Glasgow MSP to discuss how she and the SNP Government can help hold Glasgow to account
Remember, 'many hands make light work' and the more people who get involved in the campaign the sooner this will all be over.