North Lanarkshire Update


Lots of readers have been in touch about the GMB equal pay 'roadshow' meetings which are being held in North Lanarkshire this week.

Here is a selection of what people had to say, but it seems pretty clear to me that union members are being treated very shabbily and are generally being given the run around.

The most obvious sign of which is that there appear to have been no senior GMB officials in attendance to explain the situation and answer members' questions. 



Dear Mark,

I'm attending this so called roadshow tomorrow. Nor sure whether to call it the GMB or Digby Brown roadshow to be honest. It comes to light from information I heard today that there are no GMB representatives at the roadshow to answer any questions we have.  

So where does that leave us?  

I honestly don't know what to expect tomorrow, how can they say discussions and negotiations when there is no one there to help us.

As you said in your last up date "good luck", I think we'll all need more than luck on this one.

Regards


A



Mark

Went to my meeting today. Firstly I was angry they wouldn't let my husband come in with me then told me I wasn't on the list to get an offer. How could Digby Brown and GMB both send me out personal letters inviting me to this meeting if I wasn't on their list?

Luckily I have kept my letters from them and the letter I got form Digby Brown in 2011 informing me that they have been instructed by GMB to act in my equal pay claim, so I won't be letting it go. 
    
Kind regards 


M


Hi Mark 

Just back from the roadshow. Taken individually, offer they made was a joke. 

So they are now going to lodge a new claim on my behalf. Basically it was a waste of my time 

Yours 


S



Hi Mark 


Just back from the so called road show what a farce. No GMB reps there certainly no Harry Donaldson or Alex McCluckey 
  
The offer amounted to only 3 years and there was not even a forum for questions 
  
I asked if it will it take years to sort this out he said it could take a long long time.

Disgraceful 

Yours 





Hi Mark

I am absolutely furious after attending today's Equal Pay "Roadshow" 

On arrival I was given a raffle ticket which, when called was my turn to be seen. There was no information offered to me, there was no group meeting of GMB members, no opportunity to raise our concerns or ask questions. There was actually no need for these meetings at all, they couldn't have just written to us with our proposed offer!!

When it was my turn I tried to ask why GMB members in North Lanarkshire alone were in this situation regarding Equal Pay claims and was simply told there was far too many people to be seen to go into any detail. 

They said the offer relates to the 3 year period but advised they are pursuing a further claim for the full term at the employment tribunal - obviously no explanation as to why they didn't pursue a claim for the full term in the first place!!

One of my colleagues asked GMB why they had walked away from talks around the table and refused when offered the opportunity to change the period in which they were claiming, they just swerved the question as expected.

Once again I feel totally let down, I think the problem is that GMB/DB are not willing to comment on anything in the fear they dig themselves an even deeper hole. 

Regards



Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!