Arise, Sir Wiggo! (09/01/13)



I noticed in the New Year's honours list that the winner of last years' Tour de France - Bradley Wiggins - has been made a knight of the realm.

Arise Sir Wiggo - who also won a gold medal at the London Olympic Games, of course.

Yet so did Scotland's Andy Murray when he defeated Roger Federer if I remember correctly - and Murray also became the first British/Scottish tennis player in a zillion  years to win a Grand Slam - when he overcame Novak Djokovic to win the US Open in 2012.

So why did Sir Wiggo get a knighthood - while plain old Mr Murray received only a mouldy old CBE or whatever it was he was awarded by Her Madge?

Now I don't know, so don't ask me.

But what I do know is that the real hero of the hour was another Englishman - Danny Boyle - the film director (of Trainspotting amongst other things) and artistic brains behind the opening ceremony at the London Games - you might recall. 

Because Danny said he didn't want a honour, thank you very much - which is really heartening news - good for the soul, if you ask me.  

Choose life, I say - and to hell with all these snivelling lackeys of the establishment - they have nothing but my contempt, as explained in these previous posts below. 

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!