Dignity and NLC


Here's an email and some kind words from a reader in North Lanarkshire - all I can say is that it's been a pleasure to have been of service and I wish her all the very best in the search for a wee dinghy!

Mark 

What can I say? 

This 2nd wave has been so drawn out, but an overwhelming 'thank you' to yourself and all the team at Fox Cross, from phone staff to Daphne Romney. 

I first met you years ago setting up meetings in Cumbernauld to commence the first wave, shocking that it has taken all these years for NLC to return our DIGNITY!

Working away this morning I've been singing Deacon Blue "Dignity", and adapted my own version of words, hope you enjoy and I'm sure your readers will be feeling the same!

Off now to look for a wee dinghy


There's a woman I meet walks up our street
She's a worker for the council
Has been twenty years
And shecares forthe dying, tired & sick
And those with no voice
Puts it on her shoulders
And never seems to mutter
And she packs her lunch in a "sunblest" bag
The children call her 'MRS"
She never lets on
But I know 'cause she once told me
She let me know a secret about the money in the council
She's gonna buy a dinghy
Gonna call her dignity

And I'll sail her up the west coast
Through villages and towns
I'll be on my holidays
They'll be doing their rounds
They'll ask me how I got her I'll say I got my money through Fox Cross"
They'll say isn't that pretty you got back your DIGNITY!!!

And I'm telling this story
In a sunshine morning
Sipping down coffee
And reading Mark Irvine's site
And I'm thinking about home and all that means
And a place in my heart! for dignity
And I'll sail her up the west coast 
Through villages and towns
I'll be on my holidays
They'll be doing their rounds
They'll ask me how I got her I'll say I Got My Money thru Fox Cross"
They'll say isn't that pretty you got back your DIGNITY!!

And I'm thinking about work
And I'm thinking about faith
And I'm thinking about how great it is to get back OUR DIGNITY!!

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence