North Lanarkshire Update



Here's an email from a regular reader with some kind words to say about recent the fight for equal pay in North Lanarkshire.

I think it's fair to say that the Council's chief executive (Gavin Whitefield) and head of human resources (Iris Wylie) didn't fancy their prospects of giving evidence to the Employment Tribunal in Glasgow - that would stand the test of credibility and common sense.

If you ask me, this would have been tantamount to 'defending the indefensible' and as a result the Council decided to throw in the towel although it's wise to remember that NLC was forced to do admit defeat finally, and that this didn't happen out of the goodness of their hearts.


Hi Mark

I've been reading your blog avidly over the last few weeks and have noticed your ramping up of pressure on NLC. 


In my opinion, their coming to the stage we're at just now is largely due to your considerable efforts. Well done. 

I may just buy a hat myself in order to throw it in the air as well. 

For the moment, thank you and regards.


G

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!