Nice Neighbours

Alex Salmond effigy

For reasons best known to itself the town of Lewes in England decided to burn an effigy of Scotland's First Minister, Alex Salmond, and according to this photo poor old Loch Ness Monster, more commonly known as Nessie, was to go up in flames as well.

Just as well Alex Salmond has a sense of humour, if you ask me, because he told the BBC:

"I'm in pretty good company - Angela Merkel got the burning treatment from the East Sussex Conservative council. I think their judgement is askew but if they think I'm a threat to the Westminster establishment like Guy Fawkes, they are right.

"I am used to insults from Tories in East Sussex and if they think that is a good thing to do it is up to them," before adding he was "a bit more worried about Nessie, to be absolutely frank".

"I think it is totally outrageous. I mean what has Nessie ever done to the East Sussex Conservative Party and their council that they want to burn Nessie, one of Scotland's greatest iconic symbols in a bonfire.

"I am sure there must be a law against burning effigies of defenceless animals, although if the East Sussex Tories came to Scotland they might find that Nessie is not quite as defenceless as they think."

Mr Salmond went on to add that Scotland should not "judge people in the south of England, in East Sussex, ordinary folk, by the standards of the East Sussex Tory council."

Now that's what I call getting your own back, big time.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!