Smooth Operator



I was in London the other week which reminded of this great song from the 1980s - Smooth Operator by Sade.

I used to play the song from the album Diamond Life while driving to various union (Nupe) meetings across London - into the city centre and through all the crazy suburban traffic in Brent, Harrow, Barnet, and Paddington for example.

Ah, those were carefree days even though times were hard in some ways since the trade unions had their work cut out under the Tory Government of the day led by one Margaret Thatcher whose parliamentary seat was in my patch - the London Borough of Barnet.

But you could still do your job with a sense of style, integrity and panache - and that's what I always think about when I hear this song. 
   

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence