Great Works of Fiction


The launch of yesterday's white paper 'Scotland's Future' was met with a predictable response from the Better Together or No campaign - who immediately labelled the 670 page document as a great work of fiction.

Now I've not managed to read the thing as yet and when I do find the time I'm sure I'll find lots to disagree with because I don't support SNP policy in a number of key areas.

But if Scotland's Future is a work of fiction, then what can you say about the way in which various Governments and political parties have behaved down the years, for example:

What about Gordon Brown's claim to have abolished boom and bust?

What about Gordon's decision, as Prime Minister, to abolish the 10p tax rate?

What about the Westminster Parliament's decision to treble student fees to £9,000 a year?   

So, I will do what I've been doing all along - take what everyone says with a pinch of salt although I do think that the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government is much more representative than what we have in Westminster.

Not just the present Coalition Government, but previous Labour Governments as well - so I'll bide my time and make a decision in due course.   

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence