Gaydars on Stun


I enjoyed Rod Liddle's piece in the Sunday Times making fun of the Kuwaiti border control which apparently plans tests for people arriving in their country - to determine whether the new arrivals are gay. 

I don't visit countries like Kuwait as a general rule - they're not my idea of fun for a whole variety of reasons - but wouldn't it be great if some of the great and good, a United Nations delegation perhaps, turned up in full costume - dressed as the Village People.

Kuwait, I've set my gaydar to ‘Stun’

I might retire from journalism to take up a job with the Kuwaiti border control agency, assessing whether people entering their horrid little satrapy are homosexual or not.

The Gulf state has announced that it intends to carry out “tests” to discover if people emerging from flights are gay. If so, they will be dispatched on the next plane home.

I don’t know what these “tests” will entail, but they will undoubtedly need someone to identify likely suspects: television weathermen, people walking a bit funny, cyclists, chat show hosts, cat lovers, exceptionally well-groomed people, the Dutch, men swigging from bottles of mineral water or dabbing at their faces with a scented handkerchief, high court judges and so on.

I could be that man — especially if there’s a uniform with “Gaybusters” written on it in Arabic.

What a vile country.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!