Internet Trolls


Occasionally, readers get in touch to ask why I don't have a comment section on the blog site - and the honest answer it is simply too much work to police the nonsense that some people write.

Now I don't mind anyone holding strong views on a subject - because I have strong opinions myself and I'm not shy about expressing them on the blog site or elsewhere.

But here's the kind of anonymous drivel that you come across regularly on newspaper web sites which is just dumb - pure and simple.

"Men work harder, are more committed to their careers and rarely take maternity leave. Ergo deserve to be better paid."

As a general rule I think people posting comments on web sites should identify themselves - although for obvious reasons that's not always possible.

But the ass-hole who wrote this nonsense about 'men working harder' doesn't deserve to have his views more widely shared - because he has nothing remotely sensible to say.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence