Why Are We Waiting?


I submitted an FOI request to Scottish Ministers back on 3 April 2013 and I was due to receive a response by 1 May 2013 - which I did.

But only to say that the Scottish Government could not provide me with the information I had requested within the 28 day deadline - set down under the legislation - because of staffing problems.

Now I replied saying OK, I'm a reasonable guy - though when exactly was I going to receive this information - since sometime 'soon' sounded all rather vague and   unsatisfactory from my point of view.

So I suggested an extended deadline of today which has come and gone and still no substantive response has arrived - two weeks after the original deadline - which means that I am going to publicise my frustration at this ridiculous state of affairs.

As well as approching the Scottish Information Commissioner (SIC) - to see if they have any advice on how best to proceed.

My other bright idea was to contact the Scottish Labour Leader - Johann Lamont - to see if she wants to take up my 'Waiting Time' case.

Because I thought that as it's the 'nasty' SNP Government involved - as opposed to a friendly Labour council - that Johann might want to give them a darn good talking to and a well deserved piece of her mind.

What do you think?
   
3 April 2013

Dear Scottish Ministers

FOISA Request

I would like to make the following request under the Freedom of Information Scotland Act 2002.

  1. What was the total amount in fees claimed by the 'expert panel' set up to advise the Scottish Government on matters of press and media regulation in the wake of the Leveson Report?
  2. What was the total amount in expenses claimed by the 'expert panel' set up to advise the Scottish Government on matters of press and media regulation in the wake of the Leveson Report?
  3. What were the individual amounts claimed by each member of the 'expert panel' during its lifetime and how many meetings did each member attend?
Please treat these three requests as individual requests under the 2002 Act.
 
I look forward to your reply and would be grateful if you could respond by e-mail to me at: markirvine@compuserve.com

Kind regards

 

Mark Irvine

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!