Golden Goodbyes


Here are some more incredible number crunching revelations from the latest edition of Private Eye.

No doubt these will provoke an understandable reaction of shock and disbelief - amongst the conscript army of BBC licence fee payers - of which I am one.

Number Crunching 

£800,000

Payoff for BBC Worldwide boss John Smith, despite new director's pledge crack down on golden goodbyes

£80,000,0000  

Loss BBC Worldwide made buying then selling the Lonely Planet travel guides under John Smith's leadership

I put a more general post on the blog site about this payoff the other week.

But if my memory serves me properly, I seem to recall that part of John Smith's unbelievably generous 'golden goodbye' - was a big, fat performance bonus.  

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence