I've Got A Name


One of my favourite songs of all time is 'I've Got A Name' by Jim Croce - the late, great American singer-songwriter who was cut down in his prime in 1973.  

I was remindedof this recently becausee the song explodes onto the screen in 'Django Unchained' - quite unexpectedly but with exquisite timing - and the words chime wonderfully with the sentiments of Quentin Tarantino's latest movie. 

To me it's a hugely uplifting and inspiring number - with not a bad word to say about anyone - but with a 'spit in your eye' attitude to the kind of people and obstacles in life - that can otherwise hold good folks back.   

A really joyous song in every way - so here's a YouTube link.

http://youtu.be/06zOrHRh-gY

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!