Yobbo Labour


I must try and catch First Minister's Questions (FMQs) in the Scottish Parliament - later today.

Because in recent exchanges I've noticed that the Scottish Labour leader - Johann Lamont - keeps claiming that the First Minister - Alex Salmond - is regularly 'booed' these days while going about his official duties.

Now I'm not sure when and if this has actually happened - because if it has, very little of this bad  behaviour has been reported in the press.

I did read somewhere that a few mindless morons booed the First Minister at the  homecoming celebrations for Scotland's Olympic athletes in Glasgow - which I attended by the way.

I certainly didn't hear anyone booing at the event which culminated in George Square - but if I did, I would have had no hesitation in booing the booers - for being so rude  and badly behaved.

In fact I would expect all sensible people to do the same - because a bit of good natured heckling at a political meeting is one thing - but an organised effort to undermine official, non-political events is quite another. 

I read afterwards that Twitter received comments from some well known Labour supporters - who were out to make mischief presumably.

By pointing to the bad behaviour of a few idiots in the crowd (perhaps Labour supporters themselves) - as evidence of the First Minister's alleged unpopularity with the masses.

Now this seems like a rather silly claim to me - although that's what passes for serious politics in the People's Party these days.       

More worringly, during First Minister's Questions last week - I'm I heard Johann Lamont utter the following words:

"No wonder, now wonder from Hampden Park to the Ryder Cup, from George Square to the Edinburgh Tattoo, he (the First Minister) gets roundly booed wherever he goes."

I have to say I am amazed at such a statement - especially as it was scripted and not 'off the cuff' because it sounds as if the Labour leader was actually condoning - or even worse  encouraging - this kind of boorish behaviour.

I have been thoroughly unimpressed by Johann Lamont's performance since she became  Labour leader in Scotland - but that doesn't excuse her from trying to turn the once proud People's Party into 'Yobbo Labour'.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!