Bit of a Mystery


A number of readers from Edinburgh have been in touch - mystified by a recent communication from their trade union.

Apparently the message is that trade union claimants in Edinburgh - in the former APT&C  category - are not to be made settlement offers by Edinburgh City Council.

Despite the fact that the same category of Action 4 Equality Scotland clients - were made settlement offers months ago.

'Can I shed any light on the situation?', people want to know - but unfortunately I can't as I'm not exactly privy to what the City Council is telling the trade unions - or vice versa.

What does suprise me though is why no explanation is provided by the trade unions - surely they must know what the issue or problem is - so why don't they just share this information with their members in Edinburgh?

It's all a bit strange - a bit of a mystery - if you ask me.

So if anyone has their ear to the ground, drop me a note - in complete confidence of course - at: markirvine@compuserve.com

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence