North Lanarkshire Council has been making a bit of a fool of itself in recent days - with its 'our hands are tied' comments over equal pay.
I imagine by now that people realise this claim is a load of old baloney.
In fact it's about as believable as saying that Osama bin Laden is still alive and well - and sharing a flat with the Council Leader - Councillor Jim McCabe - somewhere in Shotts.
So let's cut to the chase - and spell things out.
- Mysterious forces are not at work in North Lanarkshire Council - or anywhere else
- North Lanarkshire Council is not being prevented from settling its outstanding cases
- The issues involved are exactly the same as the Edinburgh 'Wilkinson' case
- North Lanarkshire and other councils hid behind the Wilkinson case for years
- But Edinburgh City Council - the lead council - abandoned the Wilkinson case - earlier this year
- The Wilkinson 'fox' and its defence of the indefensible - has been well and truly shot
- North Lanarkshire Council and others are perfectly free to settle their own cases
- Nothing is now standing in the council's way - other than a lack of common sense
- The same is true for hundreds of male North Lanarkshire claimants as well
- The council is perfectly able to settle such claims - as other councils did long ago
The key thing now is that people living in North Lanarkshire make their views known to local councillors and Scottish MSPs - in the run up to the local elections in May.
North Lanarkshire's behaviour is attracting lots of comment and criticism - and that makes politicians very nervous - especially when an election is just around the corner.
So get writing and keep complaining - create the mother of all 'stushies' - which is a big row or rumpus - for the benefit of regular readers from overseas.
Use the good Scots tongue you've got in your head - get a few friends together and go and see your local councillor and MSP - to give them a piece of your mind.
Tell them what you think about being treated with such contempt and disrespect - and I'll wager a bet that things will start to change.