Spider Man

As far as I know there's only two things I'm scared of - spiders and heights.

So my idea of a real nightmare is being trapped at the top of a high building - with only only spiders for company - or worse still a big, giant spider - like Shelob out of Lord of the Rings.

I still remember - vividly - walking across one of those perspex, see-through viewing blocks at the top of the CN Tower in Toronto - feeling sick and sweaty - as I looked down on the city below - from 2,000 feet up in the air.

My two children through this extremely funny - for some reason.

But I was completely safe of course - even without a spider in sight.

I gather people can now walk around the edge of the CN Tower - hooked up to a harness which means you can't actually fall off the unprotected side.

Though that's one visitor experience I will definitely be avoiding - next time I'm in Toronto.

Which brings me back to spiders.

I am not a really big Jessie, if you know what I mean - I don't run out of the room screaming or anything like that - at the first sign of these eight-legged beasts.

But I find it really hard to pick them up or get too close - because all my instincts tell me to keep the hell away

So imagine my delight when I watched the following YouTube scene of a 'mad' Australian dad - out to impress his young daughter with his superior spider hunting skills.

I cannot help laughing out loud every time I watch the scene - in fact it's good for what ails you from time to time - especially if you need a quick 'pick me up'.

I love the final words when the young daughter reproaches her dad with the legendary words - 'I told you not to play with the spider!'

Here's the You Tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRV4d9LCawU&feature=player_detailpage

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence