Men in Black

As I write this post I can hear the Rugby World Cup Final in the background - New Zealand are playing France.

I think the All Blacks (as New Zealand are known) have just scored - but the French are a mecurial team and capable of springing a surprise - even on the home turf of the men in black.

I heard of a nice sporting touch before the game got underway - which sets rugby apart from a lot of other sports.

Apparently the French won the toss - which allowed them to choose which colour of strip to play - France normally play in blue tops while New Zealand have their famous all black strip.

Yet the captain of France decided that on such an historic day - New Zealand in the final on their home turf - that they should be able to do battle as the mighty All Blacks.

So the French opted to play in their 'second' choice strip - of all white.

Now I don't know who the French captain is, but he deserves a big pat on the back - because he's a real gent.

But I still hope New Zealand win - and I'm now off to watch the second half.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence