BT Go Home

After my phone line and Internet service were restored at the weekend - I dropped Sir Michael Rake - a friendly note by e-mail.

Sir Michael is the Chairman of BT and to give credit where credit is due - once the problem was drawn to his attention - things were sorted out the very next day with the help of a very polite lady - from his private office.

But what I can't get my head around is how anyone at BT can think - that a call centre thousands of miles away - can provide a a satisfactory level of customer service.

As Steven Spielberg might say - if he were making a movie of the call centre fiasco:

'BT Go Home'

Dear Sir Michael

BT Phone Service

I am pleased to report that my BT phone line was re-connected on Saturday afternoon.

A young engineer from Glasgow - named Kevin ***** - contacted me to say he was outside the building, seeking to check and, if possible, repair the fault.

Kevin quickly diagnosed the problem as a loss of service at the local telephone exchange - so he went off and came back within 30 minutes having corrected the fault - and once he had carried out a couple of tests everything was working normally again.

So I would like to pass on my thanks to you and Kevin - who is a real credit to your organisation - and has helped restore some of the confidence I have lost in BT over the years.

I would also urge you to reflect upon the present customer support arrangements - because speaking personally the call centre in India is a miserable and frustrating experience for everyone involved.

While staff in the call centre are all very polite and try their best to be helpful - they are really just speaking from a prepared script. The whole business is made even more difficult because English is not people's first language and from where I stand this all reflects very badly on BT.

I hope you will mention Kevin *****'s name in dispatches - because he is exactly the kind of person that I would want to be the public face and voice of BT.

If BT's wider customer services were up to the same high standard, I would be looking to add other services to my shopping basket - broadband for example.

What stops me doing so is my experience of the call centre arrangements in India which I have struggled with on previous occasions - as have many of my friends.

Kind regards


Mark Irvine

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence