We'll Meet Again

I'm not into all this Friends Reunited malarkey - but maybe I'll have to reconsider my views.

Because at the weekend I met up with an old school pal - whom I haven't laid eyes on for the best part of 40 years.

And what a pleasure it was too.

He brought along a photo from our football playing days - and we tried to remember the names and eccentricities of our old team-mates - quite successfully, by and large.

What a nice guy he's turned out to be - calm, relaxed and with a good sense of humour.

Quite the opposite of his persona on the football field - where no quarter was asked and none given.

Our brief reunion was a complete accident - via a previously unknown mutual friend - not through the much more popular route of the internet.

But I think it's highly likely we'll meet up again - and it just goes to show what you miss out on - when you lose touch with people.

Who knows, maybe I'll try and track down a few others - if I can free up some time.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!