Sack Them All

No sooner do I I finish writing about Labour's careful positioning - and fondness for opportunist politics - than I read something which proves my point.

Apparently Labour announced last night - that the party will oppose the government's plans to reform the House of Lords.

Now how depressing is that - because Labour was in power for 13 long years with  huge parliamentary majorities at its back - unlike the present government.

Labour could have done exactly what the party wanted - with their noble lordships.

But Labour leaders failed to act - and the best they can come up all these years later - is to oppose the present government's plans.

Me, I'd abolish the second chamber - sack every one of our 800 plus peers - and save the country a small fortune.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!