Straight to the Top

I have been eagerly awaiting South Lanarkshire Council finally releasing pay information to me - regarding traditional male council jobs.

The Scottish Information Commissioner (SIC) directed South Lanarkshire Council to release this information to me several weeks ago - and the council had until 2 May 2011 to respond.

See post dated 18 March 2011: 'Colonel Gaddafi in Disguise'

Now Monday came and went - and I didn't hear anything - so I wrote to the council's chief executive on Friday and still no reply.

But now I've gone straight to the top - by contacting the leader of Labour-led South Lanarkshire Councilllor - Eddie McAvoy.

Let's hope Councillor McAvoy will bring his undoubted talent and influence to bear.

 
Dear Councillor McAvoy

Freedom of Information

I attach a copy of a letter sent yesterday to the chief executive of South Lanarkshire Council, Archie Strang.

Now I appreciate that the chief executive is busy dealing with many issues - and may have been up very late on Thursday night and Friday morning because of the Scottish election count.

But I imagine that a Labour-led council like South Lanarkshire will want to abide by the decision of the Scottish Information Commissioner (SIC) who required that my original FOISA request be responded to by no later than 2 May 2011.

So I would be pleased if you could help ensure that this is done on your return to the office on Monday by which time it will be May 9 of course - or one full week after the council was require to respond by SIC.

Many thanks for your help.


Mark Irvine 


Dear Mr Strang

Decision of the Scottish Information Commissioner - 056/2011

I refer to the decision of the Scottish Information Commissioner - Reference Number 056/2011.

South Lanarkshire Council was required to comply with this decision and provide me with the information requested by no later than 2 May 2011.

I have not received any information from South Lanarkshire Council to date and I would be grateful if you could ensure that this is sent to me by e-mail without further delay to: markirvine@compuserve.com

Kind regards


Mark Irvine

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence