Debating South Lanarkshire

A regular reader from South Lanarkshire has been in touch - with what I think is an interesting  suggestion.

'How about holding a series of local meetings in the area - to debate publicly the issues surrounding Single Status, Equal Pay and Freedom of Information?'

Well, I think I'd be up for that - all we'd need are some suitable local venues - ones that are not controlled by the council in case there are any difficulties about booking the facility.

I imagine local polticians would be interested in coming along - councilllors, MSPs and MPs.

Maybe we could challenge some of the key players to an open public debate - for example, the leadership of the council along with local trade union leaders - and so on.

So let me know what you think?

A series of public meetings would take a bit of organising - but I'm all in favour of freedom of speech and an open public debate - on the big issues of the day.

Let's see who else is up for it as well.

Popular posts from this blog

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence