In the Name of the Wee Man

The BBC has apparently admitted wasting lots of money by flying it big name presenters off to foreign parts - to cover the major news stories of the day.

I can believe that.

Because I seem to remember a report which said that the BBC had something like  twenty reporters over in Chile - to give the country a minute by minute account of the trapped Chilean miners - being rescued from their underground tomb.

Now if I remember correctly there were around 30 trapped miners - so that's a ratio of about 1 to 1.5 - better than you would get in a hospital intensive care unit - which is as ridiculous as it sounds.

So good on the BBC for facing up to the need to spend public money more wisely and carefully - but can I chip in with my tuppence worth.

'Lambing Live' - what in the name of the wee man was that all about?

Now I am not against the BBC covering minority interests - up to a point I can see the rationale for a programme like 'One Man and His Dog'.

Incidentally, is that still the programme's title - in the enlightened times we live in today?

Anyway, a live broadcast about lambs being born seems to me a incredibly expensive way of making whatever point the film-makers were making.

Maybe there were just a gang of people hanging around - with nothing better to do - after 'Badger Watch' was finished.

I don't know and I care even less - but what I do know is that it's a scandalous waste of the BBC licence fee.

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!