Glasgow's Lost the Plot (2)

One of our regular readers has sent the leader of Glasgow City Council, Cllr Gordon Matheson, an excellent e-mail - which speaks the truth, gets straight to the point and pulls no punches.

Let's hope more readers are inspired to do the same - the more people who do so the better - see post dated 20 June 2010 for further details.

"Dear Mr Matheson

I write with reference to the recent Employment Appeals Tribunal decision which found in favour of Glasgow City Council with respect to the “independent legal advice” supposedly given to many workers with regards the Equal Pay Compromise Agreement.

I have been informed by FoxCross Solicitors Ltd that the Council has instructed their London QC to seek an expenses award of £27,153.98 which will be made against myself and the other claimants.

I wish to express my utter disdain at such action. I cannot believe that the Council would embark on a course of action which would result in, the already acknowledged, low paid workers suffering further financial loss. I am surprised that this course of action would be taken given the extent of reputational damage it would cost the Council, especially given the already fragile position of the Council’s reputation as a result of recent events.

I trust this course of action will be halted, and look forward to your confirmation of such.

Regards

ER"

Popular posts from this blog

SNP - Conspiracy of Silence

LGB Rights - Hijacked By Intolerant Zealots!